- Book your live chat using the main IAS site (and a computer room/ laptops for Lesson 3 – live chat).
- Check the IT will work.
- Create your student registration link and share with students.
Lesson plans and resources
The preparation work (lessons 1 & 2) can be compiled into 1 lesson if needed.
It’s often useful to have a preparation lesson in a computer room so students can explore the researchers’ profiles independently and ASK questions ahead of their live chat.
- Lesson 1 – You’re the Judges!
- Lesson 2 – Meet the Researchers & Technical Staff (classroom version)
- Lesson 2 – Meet the Researchers & Technical Staff (computer room version)
- Lesson 3 – Live chat
Involve parents and carers in what you are doing in school through the after-school chats. These have been really popular in previous events, with students keen to introduce their families and friends to the researchers and technical staff they have been connecting with in class.
- Staffroom – the staffroom is open during the four weeks of the event from 9am to 5pm. You can chat with the moderators and it’s a great place to get help quickly.
- Student Data: What we ask for and why (PDF) – about how we use students information in compliance with GDPR.
Call us if your question is urgent – 01225 326892.
After the activity
- Please fill in the feedback survey we email you. You are the expert on what happened in your classroom. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve the activity.
- The moderators pick a student winner – someone who has really engaged with the activity. They get a certificate and a £20 gift voucher prize. We’ll let you know if this is one of your students.