- Access to the Medical Research Zone website
- ‘Interactive drag and drop criteria list’ or ‘criteria cards for printing’
- Generated student registration link for students to access the site
Show the zone home page on the screen to introduce the class to the activity.
Mindmap “medical research” – what do students understand about medical research at the moment? They can do this individually, in pairs, or as a class, and anything goes. This activity is a chance for them to find out more. Keep the mindmaps to compare how the students’ ideas change throughout the Medical Research Zone.
Main activity – You’re the Judges!
Students have the power to decide who wins this competition!
This activity helps students think about what is important to them in judging the researchers and technical staff.
NB/The criteria are general and don’t necessarily relate to specific people in this event.
2. Ask students to consider which criteria are most important and which are least important to them.
3. Rank the criteria and discuss as a class. Can the class agree on a top 5?
- Can students come up with any other criteria that may be important when judging the researchers and technical staff?
- Take a look at some of the profiles in the Zone as a class – how do they fare up against your top judgement criteria?
Provide students with registration link so they can:
- Log in at home and set up their profiles.
- Read at least 2 researcher and technical staff profiles.
- ASK one question on the site.